Fall 2011 (Section 7109)
Online Course Information Page
Welcome to the class introduction page for Web Animation,
ART 1036. This page refers to the online class being
held in Fall 2011. To register for this course, please visit the College's registration site at College of the Siskiyous Enrollment Services Office. Please read the following
information and contact the instructor via email, James Gilmore (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any
questions. Make sure you use a descriptive subject line for your
email so it doesn't get accidentally deleted as spam.
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
You MUST have access to the Adobe Flash CS5 or CS5.5 software in order to
take this class! We will also be utilizing both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator on a limited basis.
For the software deal available only to California Community College students (that's you), here is the link to purchase the software
for cheap. I know, $349 is alot of money, but consider that the 'street
price' is over $1800!
Please buy the software ASAP, as we will be moving quickly!
THIS IS ALSO IMPORTANT:
The textbook for this class is
Adobe Flash CS5 Classroom in a Book, Adobe Press, 2010, ISBN: 0321701801. No other textbook will be allowed, so please order this book ASAP. We will begin using it by week three.
Class begins on Monday, August 15, 2011 and ends on December 15, 2011. See the section below on Dates for important information about adding and dropping this class.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Define terms associated with the World Wide Web and Flash animation for the web.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic art concepts and web page design principles.
- Demonstrate awareness of design considerations that affect animated web page construction, including audience identification.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to design and create effective animated web pages.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various tools used to create animated web sites: Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to create raster and vector images (including animation) for the web utilizing Flash, PhotoShop, and/or Illustrator.
View the complete syllabus.
- Office Hours:
You can email me at email@example.com
but it is much better to send me a Private Message from within Etudes.
In any case I will reply as soon as possible. My office is located in
the McCloud Hall 6 on the Weed Campus-my office hours will be announce
by the first week of the Fall semester.
- Time Expectations: Expect to spend approximately six to ten hours per week
over the semester. You will be required to participate each week and
you should check on the site several times each week to keep current.
Adobe Flash Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book, Adobe Press, 2010, ISBN: 1309979277
Is an online course right for you?
courses are more convennt than traditional face-to-face courses, but
they are usually more difficult and require more time and effort. You
should be comfortable using the internet, managing files on your
computer, and have good time management skills. Since this class is
complete in six weeks, you will need to be ready to go on the first day
of class. Also...ie
- You must have a reliable internet connection and a backup plan just in case your first connection is not available.
- You will be participating in class and submitting some assignments as attachments for the games and some as written responses.
should know how to use your internet browser program, including making
the necessary adjustments as outlined in the System Requirements tab on
the main Etudes gateway page.
- You should review the "Online Survival Guide", which will go over the significant commitment that an online course requires.
BACK TO TOP