Spring 2013 - Section 3565
Welcome to the class introduction page for Orientation to Online Learning - EDUC 0890.
the following information and contact the
instructor via e-mail Cindy Shipley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
if you have any questions. You can expect an e-mail response within
48 hours during the
semester. Make sure you use a descriptive subject line for your
e-mail so it doesn't get accidentally deleted as spam.
This course meets online beginning Monday, February 11, 2013.
This 4-week orientation class is designed for both new and experienced online students. Participants will learn how to use the Etudes online classroom software in a low-stress and fun environment. All the features of the software will be reviewed and practiced. This course will also introduce students to the challenges of online learning and offer practical ways to be successful in the online learning environment. Resources available to online students at COS will be presented.
Course Units: 0.5
Total Hours: 9
Classification of the Course: Not degree applicable
Course Grading: Pass/No Pass
You will not receive a letter grade for this class, only a P or NP.
- You can enter the ETUDES online class https://myetudes.org/ portal here.
- Your Etudes User ID will be:
- the first 2 letters of your first name +
- the first 2 letters of your last name +
- the last 5 digits of your Student ID Number
Please be sure to use lower case.
EXAMPLE: John Smith's Etudes User ID would be josm12345 (if his Student ID number was S00012345)
Your password will be:
- Month and Day of birth in the school records, represented by 2 characters each (mmdd)
- EXAMPLE: Birthday is April 11th, 1982 (04 / 11 / 82)
- Password = 0411
You can also find your Etudes login ID in Navigator. Go to the Home tab and it is the first link in the Etudes channel.
- If you experience any difficulties logging in, you can either call 530-938-5515 or e-mail email@example.com
- You will not be able to access the online classroom unless you are officially registered, the semester has officially begun and the instructor has opened the class site.
Office hours: Phone sessions by appointment. E-mails will responded to within 48 hours, except for holidays and other notified times.
All participants should expect to spend approximately three hours per week over the three week period - a total of 9 hours. Students will be required to participate each week, and will not be able to complete the entire course in one week. Students should plan to be online at least three times per week in order to pass the course.
This orientation class is designed for both new and experienced online students. You will learn how to use the Etudes online classroom software in a lower stress environment than you’ll have in a full-term online class. All the features of the software will be reviewed and practiced. This course will also introduce students to the challenges of online learning and offer practical ways to be successful in the online learning environment. Resources available to online students at COS will be presented.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to use the Etudes online classroom software for
- Submitting assignments
- Completing tests and surveys
- Posting discussions
- Convert a word processing document to .rtf format
- Develop a plan for increasing online learning skills
No text is required for this class. Modules (lectures) and links to internet-based articles will be posted each week.
BACK TO TOP