Biology - Courses
General Education (GE) student
These courses are designed for the general education (GE) student. Some are lecture only, some are a lecture-laboratory combination.
- BIO 1000 - Introduction To Life Sciences (lecture/lab)
- BIO 1400 - Environmental Principles (lecture/lab)
- BIO 1500 - Human Biology (lecture only)
- BIO 1600 - Field Natural History (lecture/lab)
- ENVS 1002 - Environmental Science (lecture/lab)
Courses for Major's Sequence
These courses are our major's sequence. They will transfer to four-year colleges as your lower division biology preparation. While you may take these for GE purposes, you are really better off with courses from the GE section above.
- BIO 2100 - General Biology I: The Unity of Life (prerequisite required)
- BIO 2200 - General Biology II: The Diversity of Life and Ecology
Courses for careers in Health Professions
These courses are generally taken by students who are preparing for careers in the health professions. They will transfer to four-year colleges as your lower division biology preparation. While you may take these for GE purposes, you are really better off with courses from the GE section above.
- BIO 2600 - Microbiology (prerequisite required)
- BIO 2700 - Human Anatomy
- BIO 2800 - Human Physiology (prerequisite required)
BIOL 0891 - Biology Preparation
BIO 0891 is a one-unit prerequisite for BIO 2100, BIO 2600, and BIO 2800. It is online, non-transferable, and non-degree applicable.
Community Education Courses
Please contact the Community Education office for the following classes:
Public Relations and College Foundation
- XOA 0310 - Plants of Siskiyou County
- XPG 0309 - Birds of the Klamath Basin
(530) 938-5373(530) 938-5373
(530) 938-5250(530) 938-5250
BACK TO TOP