Admissions & Records - K12 COS Instructor Information

What does it mean to have an elementary or high school student in your class? Having a student that is still in Elementary or High School doesn't mean a change in your curriculum. However, if the student is under the age of 16, you have the choice to decide whether or not you belive that the course topics are appropriate for the student. Students who are under the age of 16 are required to obtain your signature of approval before they can register in your class. Signature can be gained either by signing the permit portion of the COS Enrollment Registration form or by emailing Counseling Services with the student's name and the course for which you are giving permission.

Federal laws regarding the release of student records also apply to minor students.
Parents have certain rights with respect to their children’s educational records. These rights transfer to the student when they reach 18 years of age OR when they attend college. In the case of a special admission student who is attending the College of the Siskiyous, the student is considered a college student. As such, access to the student’s records by parents or guardians is only permitted with a “Release of Information” form signed by the student.


Admissions & Records
(530) 938-5500(530) 938-5500