Admissions & Records - K12 Parent Information

How does Special Admission help my child?

Students can earn college credits while still attending junior high school or high school. In some cases, college credit can transfer back to the junior high school or high school to use towards graduation. Either way, it establishes an official college transcript that may be submitted to any college or university.

How does my student age 9-18 participate as a Special Admission Student?

Your child will want to download and complete the Enrollment Registration form with the Special Permit on the bottom. At least one parent must sign the form thereby providing permission for the student to enroll in the college course(s).

As a parent what should I know about my child taking a college course?

  1. Parents must understand that this is a college course and that some course topics may not be appropriate for minors. Course/Class content will not be changed in any way regardless of a special admission student in the classroom.
  2. The student will be establishing an official college academic record and that all grades earned will be part of the official college permanent academic record.
  3. The student is subject to all of the rules, policies, and regulations listed in the College Catalog and Schedule of Classes.
  4. Once the student enrolls at College of the Siskiyous they are considered a college student and the college is bound by FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act) law. The California Education Code (Section 76243) prevents the release of student information without the written consent of the student. In order for you to be able to release the information requested. If you need to have access to your child's information please have the student complete, sign, and date the RECORD/INFORMATION RELEASE.


Admissions & Records
(530) 938-5500(530) 938-5500