Receive one-on-one writing support from a College of the Siskiyous writing instructor or access resources to help you become a more confident writer. Writing support is free! Contact the ASC to find out when writing specialists are available.
Writing Support services include the following:
- We can look over your rough draft and offer suggestions for improving your writing.
- We will point out your weak areas, explain corrections, and help you become your own editor.
- We can help you get started on a writing task: See us if you don't know how to start .
- We can help you cite sources and show you the correct format for all standard citations.
- We can help you find a topic that fits the assignment.
- We can help you overcome writer's block: Stuck? We can help you get going again.
- We can show you how to write a limited and clear thesis.
- We can show you how to avoid Plagiarism; how to quote, paraphrase, and cite your sources to avoid plagiarism problems.
To Make an Appointment
Visit the Academic Success Center
Call the Academic Success Center at (530) 938-5830
Helpful Writing Topics
American Psychological Association (APA) Format
Chicago Manual Style (CMS)
Modern Lanuguage Association (MLA) Format
Research Paper Survival Guide
The Writing Process
Helpful Writing Websites
The Academic Success Center Locations and Hours:
Academic Success Center (Weed)
Located in the Learning Resource Center (Building 2)
Phone: (530) 938-5830
Academic Success Center (Yreka)
Located in the computer lab in Room 8, (Building 3)
Phone: (530) 938-5922