Whether you are enrolled in Geology of Mount Shasta or would like to consider the course for the future, the links below give you access to some of the important course materials.
- Overview of the Geology of Mount Shasta: Course text, including field trip road log. Because this document is a PDF file you will need to install a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them if you do not already have one on your computer. Note that this file is usually linked only when the course is in session.
- Quaternary Magmatism in the Cascades--Geologic Perspectives: US Geological Survey publication that gives a detailed overview of the nature and origin of volcanic activity in the High Cascades.
- California Volcano Observatory—Mount Shasta: Brief summary of the geology and geologic history of Mount Shasta along with information about its current alert level. U.S. Geological Survey
- Mount Shasta Companion — Geology: An alternate version of the course text is available online as the geology section of the more comprehensive "Mount Shasta Companion" site.
- Bibliography: List of references that were consulted in preparing the course materials for Geology of Mount Shasta .