This course is designed to increase your knowledge in the area of physical fitness and wellness. You will be required to complete the following Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to:
1. Assess cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, body composition, and learn to interpret the results according to national physical fitness standards.
2. Identify risk factors and contraindications to exercise.
3. Understand and apply the principles and guidelines for strength training, cardiovascular training, flexibility training, and body composition.
4. Identify the major risk factors that lead to cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
5. Analyze and design a personal fitness program suited to individual needs based on personal fitness assessments and fitness goals.
You will be required to participate in website based fitness testing during the session. This will be conducted on your own.
The text book required for the course is Principles and Labs for Fitness and Wellness (13th edition). This text is available at the COS Bookstore and can also be purchased on Amazon. Please make sure to have the text book.
Welcome to PEMA 1030 and I look forward to working with you this spring. You may reach me at Tim Frisbie or on my office phone (530) 938-5389.Etudes Gateway - once you know your userid and password