- Instructor: William Hirt
- Office: SCI-217
- Office hours: MWF 10:00-10:50 AM, TR 12:30-1:20 PM and by appointment
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 530·938·5255
- Fax: 530·938·5506
- Meeting times: F 6:30-9:30 PM and Sa 7:00 AM-6:00 PM (6 and 7-Sep)
- Meeting place: SCI-216
- Units: 0.0
- Degree applicability: non degree-applicable
- Friday presentation:
- bring a notebook and pen or pencil so that you can take notes and write down questions.
- Saturday's field trip:
- bring warm clothes and a parka in case the weather becomes windy or wet;
- wear light boots or heavy tennis shoes and bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen;
- bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water;
- bring your camera and binoculars but not your rock hammer (it is illegal to collect rocks from the park).
- Text (provided): Geologic Overview of Lassen Volcanic National Park by William Hirt
Fall 2013 schedule
|6-Sep||Tectonic setting, geologic history and potential hazards of the Lassen Volcanic Center||p. 1-10|
|7-Sep||Lassen Volcanic National Park field trip||p. 10-13|
Participation and missed sessions
Active and informed participation—reading your text, taking careful notes, studying features in the field and asking well-informed questions—are the keys to really benefitting from this course. Because this is a short-term, positive-attendance course there will not be any opportunities to make up missed discussion topics or field trip activities.