- Instructor: William Hirt
- Office: SCI-217
- Office hours: MWF 10:00-10:50 AM, TR 12:30-1:20 PM and by appointment
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 530·938·5255
- Fax: 530·938·5506
- Meeting times: F 6:30-9:30 PM and Sa 7:00 AM-5:00 PM (5-Oct and 6-Oct, 2012)
- Meeting place: LS-16
- Units: 0
- Degree applicability: non degree applicable
- Friday presentation:
- bring a notebook and pen or pencil so that you can take notes and write down questions.
- Saturday's field trip:
- bring warm clothes and a parka in case the weather becomes windy or wet;
- wear light boots or heavy tennis shoes and bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen;
- bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water;
- bring your camera, binoculars, a hand lens and your rock hammer if you would like to collect a few samples.
- Text (provided): Overview of the Geology of the Eastern Klamaths by William Hirt
Fall 2012 course schedule
|5-Oct-12||Tectonic setting, mineral resources and uplift history of the Eastern Klamaths||p. 1-9|
|6-Oct-12||Eastern Klamaths field trip||appendix|
Participation and missed sessions
Active and informed participation—reading your text, taking careful notes, studying features in the field and asking well-informed questions—are the keys to really benefitting from this course. Because this is a short-term, positive-attendance course there will not be any opportunities to make up missed discussion topics or field trip activities.