- Instructor: William Hirt
- Office: LS-15
- Office hours: MWF 10:00-10:50 AM, TR 12:30-1:20 PM and by appointment
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 530·938·5255
- Fax: 530·938·5506
- Meeting times: F 6:30-9:30 PM and Sa 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (27-Apr and 28-Apr, 2012)
- Meeting place: LS-16
- Units: 0.0
- Degree applicability: non degree-applicable
- Friday presentation:
- bring a notebook and pen or pencil so that you can take notes and write down questions.
- Saturday's field trip:
- bring warm clothes and a parka in case the weather becomes windy or wet;
- wear light boots or heavy tennis shoes and bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen;
- bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water;
- bring cash to cover the cost of the cavern tour if you wish to take it (not covered by the course fee);
- bring your camera and binoculars but not your rock hammer.
- Text (provided): Geologic Overview of the Sacramento River Canyon by William Hirt
Spring 2012 course schedule
|27-Apr||Geologic setting, history, resources and potential hazards of the Sacramento River Canyon||p. 1-11|
|28-Apr||Sacramento River Canyon field trip||p. A|
Participation and missed sessions
Active and informed participation—reading your text, taking careful notes, studying features in the field and asking well-informed questions—are the keys to really benefitting from this course. Because this is a short-term, positive-attendance course there will not be any opportunities to make up missed discussion topics or field trip activities.