DSPS Student Handbook
Sometimes a student's disability prohibits them from taking their test in a classroom setting. When this occurs, the DSPS office provides test accommodations. The type of accommodation may include any of the following accommodations based on the student's disability and education limitations:
- Additional time
- Distraction-reduced setting
- A reader for the test
- A scribe for the test
- Enlarged print
- Adapted computer equipment
If you will be using the test taking service in our office, please make sure that you use this guide to make your testing experiences as successful and stress-free as possible.
- As soon as you know you have a test coming up, make an appointment with any DSPS staff member. Three (3) school days notice is needed. Five (5) at Midterms and Finals.
- A staff member will fill out the top part of the envelope with your personal accommodations. All accommodations must be pre-approved by the DSPS Director each semester.
- Take the test envelope to your Instructor after you have made the appointment.
- If you use extended time, make sure that your appointment will not run into your next class.
- Be on time for your appointment.
- Bring any supplies that are allowed and/or required.
- Show up at your scheduled time, if you need to change your appointment, arrangements will have to be approved by your Instructor and DSPS staff.
- Tests not taken will be returned to the Instructor.
Remember: Your success is our goal!