Welcome to Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid can be a complex and confusing process. The Financial Aid Staff are available to offer any assistance you may need. We are located in the John Mantle Student Center. Financial Aid Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 2019-2020 FAFSA Available Now! Remember only go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa to complete your FAFSA. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available and will be using 2017 income information. The FAFSA has a new look!
You can still apply for the 2018-2019 school year and use 2016 income information.
College of the Siskiyous' Title IV school code is: 001187
NEW! You can now complete the FAFSA using a mobile app! You can find more information about the new mobile app here! 2019–20 FAFSA® Form Available With More Mobile Options
- Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) Is Available for the 2018‒2019 and 2019-2020 FAFSA Form. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available to use with the 2018–2019 and 2019-2020 FAFSA form. Additional security and privacy protections have been added to address concerns that data from the tool could be used by identity thieves to file fraudulent tax returns. The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form. Follow this link for more information: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out#irs-drt
Call the COS Financial Aid Office at (530) 938-5209 if you need assistance.
- Last month, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced an upcoming change to federal tax return transcripts, to become effective on Sept. 23, 2018. The format change is driven by a desire to protect sensitive taxpayer data and, to that end, transcripts will now contain partially redacted personally identifiable information (PII) such as name, Social Security number, and addresses. Financial information, such as those line items needed to perform verification, will not be redacted. The format change will impact all transcripts, whether retrieved online or by mail, and will be effective for all tax years. More information is located https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-introduce-new-tax-transcript-to-better-protect-taxpayer-data.
The quickest way to request a Tax Transcript or Verification of non-tax filing is to use the Automated Transcript Request. You can quickly request transcripts by using the IRS automated self-help service tools. Please visit IRS.gov and click on "Get Your Tax Record" or call 1 (800) 908-9946.
If you are unable to request using the automated transcript request, you can complete the fillable form on the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf. Print the form, sign and date it and mail it or fax it. This information is located on page 2 of the 4506-T.
Remember! If you filed a federal tax return, the best way to submit tax information is by using the IRS Data Retrieval tool while completing your FAFSA. If you have completed your FAFSA you can log back in and select LOG IN, select Make FAFSA Corrections.
- PHOTO ID! ALL Students MUST provide their PHOTO ID at the Financial Aid window before information can be released. Help us keep your information SAFE!
- California College Promise Grant (Formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver, BOGW). Beginning with the 2018-2019 Registration period the BOGW is now called the California College Promise Grant. Only the name has changed. The California College Promise Grant will continue to waive the $46 per unit tuition charged at all California Community Colleges and is available to all eligible students (including AB540 students) who are California residents. For more information follow this link:
The Financial Aid Office wants to remind you that it is your responsibility to stay informed of deadlines and financial aid status. It’s IMPORTANT to log onto your mySiskiyous frequently. For additional financial aid information use the links on the left side of the screen. You must also keep your mailing address up to date, this can be done by logging onto your mySiskiyous account or submitting a Change of Information form located in the forms link.
California License Exam Information and Pass Rates
The mission of the College of the Siskiyous Financial Aid Office is to increase opportunities for student access and success in higher education by helping students and their families.
- Provide courteous and efficient service and financial aid support to students, faculty, administrative and auxiliary services to foster institutional effectiveness.
- Assist qualified students in meeting their educational goals through effective utilization of scholarships and dissemination of scholarship retention information.
- Distribute available financial assistance to as many eligible students as possible; many of whom might otherwise be unable to attend college.
- Further the recruitment and retention efforts through participation in a variety of service activities involving students, families, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
- Establish regular communication flow between the Financial Aid Office and the students/parents.
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367