HIV & AIDS
**Want to know more.. Take HEA 18.
1 Credit - Late Start Class - 8 weeks -
is HIV & AIDS?
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is the virus that causes AIDS.
This virus may be passed from one person to another by infected blood,
semen, or vaginal secretions. In addition, infected pregnant women
can pass HIV to their baby during pregnancy or delivery, as well as
through breast-feeding. People with HIV have what is called HIV infection.
Some of these people will develop AIDS as a result of their HIV infection.
is HIV transmitted?
- HIV is passed from one person to another by infected blood, semen,
or vaginal secretions. Breast milk and mother to child transmission
can also be high risk.
is at risk for getting HIV?
Anyone & Everyone who participates
in High Risk Behaviors!!
are high risk behaviors?
- High Risk Behaviors are - activities that you put you at risk for
coming into contact with Blood, Semen, Vaginal Secretions or Breast
- These Behaviors include:
- Unprotected sex : Vaginal, Oral or Anal
Multiple Sexual Partners
Sharing Drug Needles
Mother to Child Transmission
Drinking Alcohol & ___(fill in the blank)________
can change your state of mind, you may not be aware of your surroundings
Using Non-injection Drugs
is for two reasons;
Using drugs of any type can alter your state of mind, you may not be
aware of your surroundings, or activities.
drugs in a snorting method, can be a high risk, as HIV can be passed
on blood that may be present on the snorting device.
there a cure for HIV?
- There is no known cure for HIV. There is no known vaccine for
do I know if I have HIV?
- The only way to know if you are HIV Positive is to attain
an HIV test.
- *Center For Disease
- * http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats.htm
Library of Medicine
If you did not find what you were looking for, please
see our site index.
Free counters provided by Andale.
Please send any comments or questions about this site to Hostmaster.
© 2009 College of the Siskiyous. All rights reserved.