Associated Student Board - FAQs

The ASB office is open when possible, currently Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. If you cannot make these hours just let us know and we will be there when you need it.

The Eagle Card works as a student ID card, in addition to a discount card with area merchants.

Starting a club is relatively easy. Basically, two students are enough to start a club. They must find a staff member to serve as the advisor and then submit a Club Petition, and Constitution to ASB for approval. Click here for more information.

The Student Representation Fee is an optional $1.00 fee that students can pay when they register for classes. This fee is overseen by the ASB, but does not solely belong to ASB. Other clubs can use the Student Rep Fee money for legitimate legislative purposes.

ASB's primary function is to represent and serve the registered students of College of the Siskiyous. The ASB represents students on the various campus committees, such as Instruction Council, Curriculum Committee, Student Services Council, Budget Development Committee and College Council. They also provide various activities throughout the year, such as Homecoming Activities, Halloween's Haunted Bear Trail, a Food Drive for the local food bank, and field trips to various student government functions such as general assemblies and regional leadership meetings. ASB also does fundraising such as Basketball Concessions, Locker Rentals, etc. ASB also provides services such as Book Consignment (and in the near future, fax services). ASB supplies money typically every year in support of the Scholar Athlete Awards. They collected signatures on the Smoking Petition which help to develop a smoking policy on the campus.

Click here for more information about ASB.

Getting involved is easy! Attend our ASB meetings which are held every Thursday at 11am in the Upward Bound Office. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you can become a senator by one of two ways:

  1. be appointed by ASB
  2. elected by student body in September or April of each year.

ASB provides a free 15 legal consultation with a lawyer for those students that hold a valid Eagle Card for list of other benefits to having an Eagle Card.

The discussion of the fireplace is currently before College Council. It has been placed on hold as the budget crisis has limited the college funds.

ASB does check the bulletin boards to ensure that current information is posted. However, they do not give permission or "police" what is on the boards.

If you need to reach someone with ASB/Student Activities questions, please (530) 938-5237(530) 938-5237. Any suggestions can be given to any of the student workers in the ASB office or to any of the ASB senators.

Activities on campus must be sponsored by an organization, recognized club, or employee of the college. Typically, facility requests need to be completed as well as other information. Information is available from the COS Business Office in regards to facility requests. Check with your club advisor or call (530) 938-5237(530) 938-5237.