Program Review is a process that provides the opportunity for employees at COS to assess and improve student learning and support programs and services. Additionally, it allows the college to determine the impact of its efforts at all levels of the institution on the College’s Mission, Vision, and Institutional Goals. Participating in Program Review promotes dialog around assessment and continuous improvement. It supports the College’s efforts to evaluate educational quality and effectiveness of programs and services, and it provides necessary information that informs planning, budgeting, and institutional decision-making. Through broad participation and dialog within and between the levels of institutional decision-making, Program Review encourages faculty, staff, and administrators to adjust to changing needs, emerging technologies, best practices, and other advances.
Timeline for 2014-2015 Instructional Program Reviews
- August 12: FLEX workshop for inputting and analyzing 2014-2015 assessment data and for creating 2015-2016 assessment plans in CurricUNET
- August 14: FLEX workshop for working on Program Review in CurricUNET
- September 4: Deadline for completing Program Review (announced at the August 14 FLEX Workshop)
- September 15: Grace period deadline for completing and launching Program Review in CurricUNET
- September 18: The Senate PR Committee will (1) inventory the launched Progam Reviews, (2) assign peer reviewers, (3) compile a preliminary list or resource requests.
- September 28: Deadline fro completing peer review
- October 1: Deadline for Program Review originators to amke changes if prompted by peer reviewers
- October 2015: (1) Academic administrators' review of Program Review reports, (2) Instruction Council review and prioritization of resource requests
- November 2015: (1) Board and President review of Program Review reports, (2) earliest budget discussions for 2016-2017, including introduciton of resource requests arising from Program Reviews
Program Review Resources for faculty, staff and administrators
BACK TO TOP