Staff Development/Flex Committee
The College of the Siskiyous FLEX/Staff Development Committee is an ad hoc committee of the Academic Senate composed of six faculty members from various disciplines (appointed by the Academic Senate) and the Vice President, Instruction in compliance with the Board of Governors through the Chancellor's Office as required by the California Code of Regulations as part of the Flexible Calendar program of the California Community Colleges. The committee is responsible for reviewing faculty Proposals and Analyses inregard to their FLEX obligation and their Professional Development Activities.
Current Faculty Members of this committee are: Tim Frisbie, Jenny Heath, and Ron Slabbinck.
The FLEX/Staff Development Handbook is available online.
Optional Flex Day Activities - October 24, 2020
To earn flex credit, complete one of the following activities by EOD October 24, complete a Flex Analysis Form and email to Vickie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mapping: Complete Recommended Courses by Term Spreadsheet - This activity helps to prepare faculty to input programs into eLumen as well as completes Guided Pathway Program Maps.
- Inputting Programs: For those who have already completed #1, input your program into eLumen. As a refresher, here is an eLumen training video: https://use.vg/U84Ho5
- Deactivation of Courses: Review your courses and ID courses for deactivation. Prior to deactivating, please make note of any programs that may be impacted (specifically programs outside of your discipline area). Once ready, follow these steps to deactivate.
- Racial Literacy Training: Watch (or re-watch) Lasana Hotep's Racial Literacy Training and write a one-page paper on strategies you plan to employ. Live Zoom Training is scheduled Friday, October 23 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Recorded link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/rec/share/I5LLQruUza-sM__yPH1_NEJujveTfusIfchWTkpDPrGrEyifDi-P6uOzfq2bsA8g.nnSMmRakwYk0-n7p
- Saturday October 24, 3:00 - 4:00 pm - Applying Strategies from Racial Literacy Workshop: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/91895972919
Flex Day Agenda
2020 Flex Day Agenda (PDF)
FLEX/Staff Development Forms and Documents
Archive of Flex Activities