Tutoring is available to all students currently enrolled in and attending courses at College of the Siskiyous. The benefits of receiving tutoring are numerous. If you're serious about succeeding in college, take advantage of this FREE service. Contact us today!
A few facts about tutoring:
- The Academic Success Center at both the Weed and Yreka Campuses offers free peer tutoring for College of the Siskiyous students who are currently enrolled in and attending Basic Skills courses and/or any class required for graduation, transfer or a certificate.
- Students may determine their need for a tutor or their instructor may recommend they seek tutorial services.
- Tutors are hired and based on student need. Apply early in the semester.
- Applications to take advantage of free tutoring need to be completed each semester. In addition to downloading the applications from the web, you can also pick up applications in the Academic Success Center Tutoring Office in Weed or at the Yreka Campus.
Text transcript of video.
- Tutoring Services is located in the Academic Success Center in Weed and is available during regular ASC operating hours.
- Tutoring sessions are available by appointment and drop in during the above hours.
- For information about tutoring at Yreka and other locations, please call or email the Tutoring Services office at(530) 938-5514 (530) 938-5514. Applications may be submitted at either campus.
Tutoring Services Coordinator
Phone: (530) 938-5514(530) 938-5514
Want to Become a Paid Peer Tutor?
- Tutors for many subject areas throughout the semester.
- People who meet their responsibilities.
- COS students who are currently enrolled in 6 or more units.
You Will Need:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the subjects to be tutored. (An 'A' is ideal!)
- Recommendation(s) from your instructor(s) for classes you would like to tutor.
- An ability to communicate with others.
- A sincere interest in working with other students.
- An interview in the Tutoring Office.
- Enrollment & Completion of Tutor Training.
You Will Receive:
- 1 unit of college credit for Tutor Training.
- Methods of effective tutoring.
- Opportunity to work with and help other students succeed.
- Improved Communication skills.
- Personal resume enhancement.
- Pay: $10.50/hour (effective January 1, 2017).
- Plus many experiences uniquely your own.
To start the process of becoming a tutor, click on the tutor application at the top of the menu bar to the left. Applications must be completed each semester and are also available in the Academic Success Center Tutoring Office in the Learning Resource Center.
- Stop by, email, or call for additional information.
- Tutors are hired based on student need, so apply early in the semester!
BACK TO TOP