Welcome to Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid can be a complex and confusing process. The Financial Aid Staff are available to offer any assistance you may need. We are located in the John Mantle Student Center.
Summer hours beginning June 1, 2018 and ending August 9, 2018 are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The campus is closed on Fridays.
- 2018-2019 FAFSA Available Now! Remember only go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to complete your FAFSA. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available only for the 2018-2019 FAFSA and will be using 2016 income information.
- Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) Is Available for the 2018‒2019 FAFSA Form. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available to use with the 2018–2019 FAFSA form. Additional security and privacy protections have been added to address concerns that data from the tool could be used by identity thieves to file fraudulent tax returns. The IRS DRT will not return for the 2017–2018 FAFSA form. The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form. Follow this link for more information: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/irs-drt-unavailable
Remember! If you are completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA, use your 2015 income. If you are completing the 2018-2019 FAFSA, use your 2016 income.
Call the COS Financial Aid Office at (530) 938-5209 if you need assistance.
- PHOTO ID! ALL Students MUST provide their PHOTO ID at the Financial Aid window before information can be released. Help us keep your information SAFE!
- California College Promise Grant (Formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver, BOGW). Beginning with the 2018-2019 Registration period the BOGW is now called the California College Promise Grant. Only the name has changed. The California College Promise Grant will continue to waive the $46 per unit tuition charged at all California Community Colleges and is available to all eligible students (including AB540 students) who are California residents. For more information follow this link:
The Financial Aid Office wants to remind you that it is your responsibility to stay informed of deadlines and financial aid status. It’s IMPORTANT to log onto your mySiskiyous frequently. For additional financial aid information use the links on the left side of the screen. You must also keep your mailing address up to date, this can be done by logging onto your mySiskiyous account or submitting a Change of Information form located in the forms link.
California License Exam Information and Pass Rates
The mission of the College of the Siskiyous Financial Aid Office is to increase opportunities for student access and success in higher education by helping students and their families.
- Provide courteous and efficient service and financial aid support to students, faculty, administrative and auxiliary services to foster institutional effectiveness.
- Assist qualified students in meeting their educational goals through effective utilization of scholarships and dissemination of scholarship retention information.
- Distribute available financial assistance to as many eligible students as possible; many of whom might otherwise be unable to attend college.
- Further the recruitment and retention efforts through participation in a variety of service activities involving students, families, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
- Establish regular communication flow between the Financial Aid Office and the students/parents.
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367