Cal Grants are awarded by the California Student Aid Commission and may be renewed each year. All students who are California residents are encouraged to apply.
Cal Grant A
- Helps low- and middle income students with tuition/fee costs. Grant recipients are selected on the basis of financial need and grade point average.
- If you qualify for a Cal Grant A and want to attend College of the Siskiyous, the Student Aid Commission will hold your award until the transfer to a four-year college, provided that you continue to qualify.
- To be eligible for a new (first time) Cal Grant A, a student may not have completed more than six semesters or nine quarters of college study, and must enroll at least half time.
Cal Grant B
- Awards are based on financial need and are made to entering students, primarily from low-income backgrounds.
- About half of all new Cal Grant B recipients are expected to begin their college education in a public community college. Therefore, the Cal Grant B award for freshmen is usually limited to the non-tuition costs of attending college - help with living expenses, books and supplies, transportation, etc.
- When renewed by sophomores, juniors, and seniors, a Cal Grant B may also cover all or part of tuition/fee costs.
Cal Grant C
- Awards help vocational students with tuition/fee and training costs. Recipients must be enrolled in a vocational program at a community college, an independent college, or a vocational school, and must be in a program of study from four months to two years in length. Contact your high-school counselor or the College of the Siskiyous Financial Aid Office for more information about vocational areas that qualify.
Full-time Student Success Grant (FTSSG)
- This is a grant that is given to eligible Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C students who are enrolled full-time (12 or more units). Students can receive $500 during the fall and $500 during the spring if eligible.
- The purpose of this grant is to support student persistence, retention, and success for Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C students.
Community College Completion Grant (CCCG)
- The Community College completion Grant (CCCG) is a financial aid award designed to encourage faster completion of the student's degree or certificate.
- The CCCG is paid to students attending in at least 15 units at a rate of $750 per semester.
- The student must be receiving a Full-time Student Success Grant, (FTSSG) award, for the same term.
- The student must attend 15 units per term and complete their education program in the timeframe set up in their Comprehensive Student Educational Plan. The student must meet with a Counselor to create their Comprehensive Student Educational Plan by calling Counseling and Student Support Programs at (530) 938-5353.
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA is required.
Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Do You Qualify for a Cal Grant?
How to Apply for a Cal Grant
How to Claim your Cal Grant and Awarding Process
Webgrants 4 Students
California Student Aid Commission
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367